Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One of the greatest horror novels of all time (and it is non fiction)

The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power by Jeff Sharlet


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Possibly the most gut wrenching horror novel of all-time - and it is non fiction.
This book is so shocking that I don't know if I would actually believe it if someone without the journalistic, unbiased journalistic integrity Jeff Sharlet had written it. I wish someone with less journalistic integrity had written it, because I would like to think it was like the Blair Witch Project, which scared me to death when I saw it opening night, but found out the next day it was fake. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and read that The Family was a big hoax.
That said, this is one of the best, most important books I have read in years.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment