Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book Reviews and some TOOTER TURTLE cartoons




Buck Rogers In The 25th CenturyBuck Rogers In The 25th Century by John F. Dille
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this for all the wrong reasons -- Dick Calkins great art adds a perfect deadpan to Philip Francis Nowlan's Ed Wood like horribly, stupid writing. If it were published today I would think it was a brilliant comedy in the vein of David Boswell's Reid Flemming


View all my reviews


Witch Doctor Volume 1Witch Doctor Volume 1 by Brandon Seifert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If this creative team had worked on Doctor Strange for the last 10 years I would have been reading Doctor Strange for the the last 10 years instead of hitting copies of it on the racks at the LCBS with a shoe.


View all my reviews




My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I have no idea how this disaster made it past an editor's desk and to the printers. As sequential storytelling goes it was at times impossible to follow, all over the place. Even the lettering font was horrific.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Skull-cracking. Finally, after several decades of the norm, a wildly bold new voice in fiction. I wish Steve Aylett would do some mainstream comic book work, that stale horse is starting to stink up the joint with its aggressive scorn for blazing new trails or original concepts.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Great first installment to a trilogy. An action packed space opera combined with a noir detective story. Destined to be a $300 million box office disaster.








No comments:

Post a Comment